Recently, due to our growth, we moved to a new office space which gave us an opportunity to showcase our branding even more. I’ll explain more.
When Harris Media Solutions and Dogwood Designs merged on January 1 to form Dogwood Media Solutions there were two employees. We rented a 260 square foot office space above Pike Road Optical in the town of Pike Road with the hopes we would outgrow it.
By March we had hired our first employee, making it three people in the office. In April came our second employee. Mack – our part-time intern started in May and with that – the room was full…or actually packed.
We made plans that when we hired the next employee that we would move down the hall to a little larger space that had about 460 square feet. We made that hire and the third employee began with us on July 1. Towards the end of June, we moved down the hall.
Most look at moving as an inconvenience or an annoyance. For us, it was exciting. It means our company is growing and our capacity to help more people continues to expand.
Another opportunity it presented was that we came in the possession of an entry hall. It was basically an unusable space for productivity, but what it could do though was tell a story and give us a place to show off our branding. We’re still small so the story needed to be told on a budget!
Every site we build, our marketing materials, our proposals – they all have the Made With By Dogwood statement on them. Easy decision, we wanted that to be showcased in the hallway and we wanted it to be big. Correction – we wanted it to be huge.
The sign was printed and installed and it’s really a statement piece. Every time I walk through the hall I find my self touching the giant heart. And yes, I’m totally supervising in this picture. I was really amazed by Matt’s ability to make the entire thing straight.
On the other wall, we originally talked about showcasing some of our favorite work that we have done for our clients but then changed direction. Instead, we are featuring some of our favorite images from our Instagram and Facebook feed.
We want our staff to know how important they are to the success of our company. With that in mind, we chose to highlight them as part of our branding. What better way than to put their pictures from life within Dogwood on the walls?
- The top left corner is from a staff gathering at my home where we watched the Auburn Basketball team in the NCAA’s finals then played Xbox together.
- To the right is our runners in Dogwood shirts at the 2019 Montgomery Half Marathon and 5k.
- Our “squishy heart balls” as they have been named are in the top right corner. We’ll be giving these out an upcoming convention we are taking part in.
- Going down the wall you’ll see Thomas in our original office space lamenting the lack of actual snow on a snow day this past February.
- Next is from a business trip Thomas and I took in April to California. We went with a group before the conference to the Ronald Reagan Museum nearby.
- Heading left now is Wheeler’s Canada Day photo, flag draped over his back in front of our signs on Vaughn Road.
- While at an event in Birmingham, Thomas and I managed to visit Top Golf late one evening.
- One of Lauren’s graduation pics from Troy University is one up leaving our logo right in the middle.
We do some really good work, but also like to have some fun. We actually genuinely like hanging out together in this office too. Plus, we plan to change these out regularly to keep it interesting.
Our door is open and we’d love for you to come by and see our office space and hallway branding when you have a moment.
Made With By Dogwood